Now enrolling…FREE registration for the 2019-2020 school year!
The Story Behind Summerfield
Summerfield Academy is an exceptional preschool in Spring, Texas serving children six weeks to eleven years of age, celebrating 33 years in the community. Founded in 1985 by Joyce Harlow, the academy is now owned by one of Ms. Harlow’s first students, April Lord Ruzicka.
Surrounded by students, Joyce clearly remembers standing in the middle of her newly purchased acre of land, when a smiling, curly, red-haired girl named Summer came running across the field towards her yelling, “Mrs. Harlow, Mrs. Harlow!” “In that moment I knew my preschool had to be named Summerfield Academy.”
The Learning Process
At Summerfield Academy, it always has and always will be about the children. They learn through active exploration and involvement in a thematic, literature based curriculum.
Summerfield teachers facilitate the learning process by creating a wide variety of environments for your child to explore and experience, building year over year. They are committed to providing a developmentally appropriate educational program where children feel safe and loved. Teachers strive to teach the “whole” child, the social, emotional, physical and intellectual.
Reasons to LOVE Summerfield Academy
- 6 weeks – 10 years old
- 33 Years in the community…one of the most established preschools around
- Owned by one of Summerfield’s first students
- Operates like a family
- Piaget based philosophy of learning
- Innovative and unique curriculum developmentally appropriate for all ages
- Low student/teacher ratios
- Very low turnover rate
- Weekly Music, Spanish and Gymboree classes included in the tuition (varies depending on age)
- “Cooking Day Fridays” geared around each classroom and lesson
- Healthy menu prepared by in-house chef
- One of the largest outdoor playgrounds, equipped with a greenhouse, garden and orchard
- On-Campus Summer Field Trips
- Before and after school care
- A Variety of Extra-Curricular Activities: sports, dance, Fun Bus and More!